As months go, September has been pretty uneventful.
However, I have thinking quite a bit and made some decisions. More about that in my next post, but let’s get on with this one.
- Autumn has arrived. I love this season because it’s the end of Summer and I am NOT a Summer person and also because it’s just so beautiful.
- Work is still pretty quiet but I decided to enjoy the down time instead of stressing about the lack of hours.
- The insurance finally paid out: £700 back in the bank.
- I got a £25 Amazon voucher from Swagbucks and £10 from mobilexpression (I love getting paid just for running the swagbucks app). I also received £420 from neobux.
- This is a huge frugal win! I have done a lot of batch cooking using mainly my freezer and store cupboard contents.All I had to buy were a few veggies so, for a very small outlay, I have made a huge batch of chili (24 servings), a smaller one of turkey casserole (8 servings), another of oriental pork (6 servings), and one of Moroccan Beef with Butternut Squash (19 servings).
- I had my garden cleared of the invading bamboo.
- I may have been adopted by Squatter Cat.
- Work is still pretty quiet so payday was not great.
- The school had a lot of students cancelling or delaying so I had a whole week were all my beds were empty. I am expecting new students tomorrow but only 2 instead of 4.
Nothing to declare… yeepee!
Total tally for the month: 7 good things vs 2 bad. All in all a pretty good month